Changes


 It's been awhile since my last cat blog. I was grieving and I am also quite busy. So busy, that I forgot Amir's birthday. Whoops! The vets gave him a birthday for earlier this month. I'd have to check the paperwork, but I think it's the fifth. 

I made up for it today. The boys got tuna and toys, plus Squeezables. The nice lady at the pet store donated chicken liver cat treats too and a couple of plastic cat toys. I bought cat nip for tonight. Happy Birthday Amir! We believe he is six years old. 

It's been quiet since we said goodbye to Freya. We miss her, but she is no longer suffering and I'm grateful for that. 

The boys are doing great, and as I mentioned before, we had Amir fixed. 

He's a bit different now, but in a good way. Gone are the days of him howling to be let outside. Now that the compulsion to go out and spray everything is gone, he's become a snuggle monster and a homebody. He smells much better. 

It's a beautiful day outside, and the door is open, but he's content to lay around the house. He meows at me whenever I walk past him, yelling for lovin's. He likes to follow me around and sleep by my side. We watch TV together. He lets me bury my face in his fur and make kissy noises until I can't breathe as long as I'm scratching under his chin while I do it.  I love that. We're getting closer all the time. 

Oddly enough, I can say the same for Grendel. He's his usual chill self, but sometimes I wake to find him purring in my face while he makes biscuits on my chest. His breath smells like wet cat food and his claws are extra sharp, but I don't mind. I have to suppress my giggles so he doesn't lose his balance or decide to leave. 

Grendel is clearly not an Alpha Cat. He prefers to make friends. In fact, he's invited at least one inside the house. He couldn't have done that with Freya. She hissed his other friend Ariel out of the yard. His last guest was a well fed tabby without a collar. His friend hung out for a bit, wasn't interested in food and left when he realized that cat nip smell in the carpet was old. 

I'm experimenting with new wet foods. I swear they both decided against the old stuff after Freya passed. It's like they're protesting with their eyes and disappointed faces.  

"Mom? Freya isn't here anymore. Why are we still eating the nasty healthy stuff?" Why indeed. That food was expensive. But we're not going back to Friskies. As much as the cats loved that stuff, I think that might have been how she got diabetes in the first place. That and too many treats. 

It's a normal life, with normal cats, and this is just an update. Don't worry, I haven't abandoned the cat blog, but life is in my way. 

Next week, I move my sister into the house. I still have work, which is alternatively busy and quiet. I just finished 37 jobs this week, with only 14 to do next week. Feast or famine, but I still like it. I've been with SparCanada for five years now. 

My current focus is my next novella, 'Her True Name: Volume Three,' I'm also finishing up a short story called, 'Bad Clown'. I'm still a writing fiend, don't worry. I'll write a blog for Earth to Thoeba after Jody moves in. Stay with me. 

Comments

Popular Posts